Tuesday, January 10, 2023

STARTING OUT IN A GARAGE PER SE

 


I have recently started being active on my YouTube page once again; however, I’ve decided to be in front of the camera this time.  Considering that I have no experience creating YouTube videos, I am essentially starting in a garage per se.  That is to say, I am beginning in all its rawness, clutter, and lack of direction or clear focus, just an idea and moving forward with it. 

Like a new band practicing in a garage, I am practicing in the comfort of my apartment the ability to create YouTube videos, knowing that the beginning stages are just becoming familiar with not only the instruments but my ability to perform in front of a live audience, even though at first they are my friends or the occasional stranger who pop there head in from time to time to watch me perform.          

It is the quintessential beginning of starting, like a band in a garage, as I allot myself the freedom to mess up, to feel comfortable in not knowing exactly what I am doing and knowing that it’s not going to be perfect the first time, second or even the third time around. 

As I tune my instruments, test out the sounds and adjust the lighting, I learn what works and what doesn’t, plus the feedback from those who had to suffer from the first performance as they helped me with advice or encouragement to move forward.   Who knows, in the years to come, I may be the next Van Halen, Journey, or even the prolific Pew Die Pie, YouTube's most famous YouTubers, but as of now, I’m just practicing chopsticks in a garage, one note at a time.    

No comments:

The Gingerbread House on LaCollina Drive

  THE GINGERBREAD HOUSE ON LA COLLINA DRIVE     My Life Caged Behind Phil Spector’s Wall of Sound         Loui...