Wednesday, February 1, 2023

REINVENTING MYSELF FROM THE GROUND UP

 

The hard part about reinventing myself is getting rid of the clutter in my mind. The old habits that got me nowhere, the way of thinking that kept me from leaving my comfort zone, and the inner voices that constantly reminded me of all my limitations, a voice I swear is derived from my dead grandmother.

I’ve always tried to be the good guy and do the decent thing, but I’m finding out it was just another means of playing it safe, of not challenging the order, not going against the wave, and not causing any ripples in the water but we live in a world that was built on all those exact things.

Honestly, I do not know where to start except to go to the nearest bookstore and buy a few books on the subject, and I think an excellent book to start with, which I find appropriately titled, “The Subtle Art of Not Giving a “blank” as that is how I feel at this time. Perhaps, once I’m done with it, I’ll read “HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE” because, as of now, I’m not even my own friend. Even now, I’m allowing distractions and an easy escapes from me actually getting up and doing something about it. Sitting in front of a computer and writing about it sure helps, but I’m still just sitting in front of a computer without actually moving forward. So, now I’m thinking to myself; I should jump in the shower,  get dressed, and go to the goddamn bookstore…



No comments:

The Gingerbread House on LaCollina Drive

  THE GINGERBREAD HOUSE ON LA COLLINA DRIVE     My Life Caged Behind Phil Spector’s Wall of Sound         Loui...